I Fell in Love - Fae

I fell in love. The kind of love that makes the entire world disappear and there's just you and her, two souls staring into each other with complete and utter trust.

Her name is Fae Evelyn Tener. She has the sweetest warm blue eyes which she opens sparingly, as if to let you know how precious every glance bestowed upon you really is. 

I've known her for a while now, at least I've known her active temperament in the long hours of the night, when she would stretch and kick and kick and kick. 

But last Saturday, on November 2, 2019 at 7:23am, was the first time we saw each other and held each other's hand. The first time we hugged and cuddled and fell asleep together.

She was 7lbs 6oz and 20in long, head circumference of 35cm, birth Apgar score of 9/10. Yes, she's a tiny gem of a person, but passing every test thrown at her with flying colors. 

We've been in pure bliss for a week*, day and night, treasuring every moment we're together**. Fae has shifted the balance of our planetary system with a strong new center point that we're all hovering around: Greg, me, Mara, Gaius and Willow. And life feels normal, and complete, and wonderful together.

So with all the happiness in our hearts, we'd like to share the sweet news with you, and welcome Fae into the world!

Hugs and love,

Elena, Greg, Mara, Gaius and Fae.



PS: For more details on how it happened, including possibly too much information, see The Story of a Fae Birth. Go here for more cute photos.

*We'd like to thank Grandma Tammy for staying with us to help for the first weeks as we're getting settled, and Grandpa Gene for visiting for a week and thinking of our health first!

**Except for one strong disagreement between Greg and I. over an admittedly minute thing, which has been resolved. Caracatiță.


Comments

  1. I am so happy for you! Little Fae is born into a wonderful family. I am also happy to have a birthday buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet and melting my heart ❤️ Congrats to your whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol and I send our love. I have been asked to give a talk at the Googleplex this spring so we might get to see baby Fae in not too long a time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be wonderful! Can't wait to see you! Let me know if I can help with anything on this side!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bye Bye 2021, Welcome 2022!

But I Will Still Need Your Money

Giant Fig Tree - Largest in North America